Is it possible to scrap my car without a log book?

It is. However, you will need to write a note to grant us permission to take your car. You will then have to write to the DVLA to let them know that the vehicle has been scrapped.

Do You only deal with vans?

Van salvage is our core business however we will consider other vehicles such as cars and commercial vehicles. Please contact us for more information.

Do you sell all types of spare parts?

At our scrapyard in Chelmsford, Essex we stock a wide range of cheap used van spares from all makes and models. This includes used engines and gearboxes which all come pre-checked and supplied with warranty for peace of mind. Please call us on 07413131354 with your requirements.

Do you supply any warranty with your used engines?

Yes, all second hand engines and also used gearboxes are pre-checked by our specialist vehicle technicians and supplied with warranty.

How is the DVLA informed that my car has been scrapped?

If you have supplied the V5 logbook with the car, we will deal with the necessary paperwork that will ensure DVLA records the status of the car.

What is a certificate of destruction?

A Certificate of Destruction (CoD) is a legal document issued by the DVLA to prove that a vehicle has been disposed of in accordance to the correct legislative way.

How do you recycle cars?

Using the enviromentally friendly ethos of recycle and reuse where possible, during the car recycling prosess we endeavour to reuse any good working spare parts whenever possible. Following the safe removal and disposal of any oils, fluids and chemicals the vehicles are dismantled and the scrap metal is baled ready to be recycled.

Does my vehicle need to be in an accessible location to be collected?

All vehicles will be collected using one of our recovery vehicles. This means that any vehicle requiring collection, must be in a location that a recovery van can get to.